Thursday 19 April 2012

Evaluation of questionnaire for main task

from my questionnaire I found that the film genre that my target audience would be most likely to see in the cinema was horror, with the percentage being 52%; this means for my film to be widely accepted by my target audience I would have to make it a horror. This could be due to the success of horror films such as paranormal activity and the women in black, which are both supernatural horrors. To make my film more appealing to the target audience this means I will make my film a supernatural horror. Most of my target audience said they would prefer there to be a single protagonist in the film over multiple cast of main characters; with the results being 72% for a main protagonist over 28% for a cast of main characters. I believe this could be due to the influence of older films such as Indiana Jones and Lara Croft who have been influential characters on my target audiences due to the age of the films being popular throughout my target audiences youth. The main protagonist seemed to be more popular if they were female rather than male with 68% choosing a female protagonist over 32% who chose male. I believe this could be due to two main reasons, firstly for girls I believe that it could be due to the fact the female protagonist would be an influential role model for the teenage girl. Alternatively why some boys could of picked a female protagonist because they want to watch films with a sex appeal, such as transformers where Megan Fox is the sex appeal. 2D films came out as more popular than over 3D and Imax with 46% choosing 2D films, this could be due to the fact that some 3D films are cliched even with the development with new technologies most directors want to show off some aspects off it this means cinematography isn't always made to the best possible it is made to cater for 3D which can affect some films negatively. English speaking films are more appealing to my target audience with 86% of them saying they would rather see an English speaking film, this could be due to the fact most teenagers will not want to read the subtitles of a film for on average 2 hours because they find it harder to follow the narrative of the film. 77% of my target audience said that they preferred an open ended narrative to a film I believe this is more appealing to them because it gives them the chance to think of what would happen next and is also good for producers because it means that there is a chance for a sequel meaning more money can be made. My target audience said that they believe soundtrack is only sometimes important in films with the result being at 52%. I believe this could be because it depends on what the film genre is because in some genres, such as horror, silence can build a desired effect and give the scene a certain ambiance. 43% of my target audience that that the music genre of the soundtrack they believe is better depends on the genre of the film. This is true because classical music may not work as well in a comedy as it would in a horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment