Thursday 10 November 2011

Evaluation of questionnaire

From my questionnaire I found out that the most popular genre of film would be action adventure as 57% of my target audience said that action adventure is the genre that they watch the most. This has effected my preliminary task because I will have to make sure that the genre of my clip will be action adventure. I believe this could be because of the sense of power and danger that is achieved from an action adventure films makes it appealing to my target market. For my setting I found that the majority of my participants wanted the setting of the clip to be a cellar as 54% opted for this setting, this result has made me change the setting of my clip from a run down office block to a cellar. I believe this setting is the most popular because this setting has a sense of danger and mystery that may be appealing to the target audience.The time period that my target audience wanted was is modern day where 34% of the participants wanted the film set in modern day; I believe they have picked this time period because it creates more verisimilitude that the target audience may find more interesting and appealing. This means I need to make my film set in modern times instead of making it futuristic like I hoped. 74% of my target audience picked Imovie as the editing software I should use, this could be because apple products are appealing to my target audience. This gives me the opportunity to use more sophisticated software that will make my clip more appealing to the target audience. The majority of my target audience (70%) picked colour over black and white for the effect of the film, this could be because the majority of image now is in colour even though black and white gives an original effect I will have to make my clip colour to make it appealing to the target audience.

55% of the participants asked said that they wanted the clip to contain two protagonists; and 72% said they wanted the cast to contain both a male and female main character. I will make my one of my protagonists male and the other female to make my film more appealing to both genders and make sure they is no gender stereotyping or sexism found within the clip. The most popular age that the main characters should be is sixteen to twenty-six because 52% of participants said that this was the age they wanted the characters to be, this could be because it is close the age range of my target audience. Therefore to make my film more appealing to my target audience I will have to make my main characters between the ages of sixteen and twenty-six.

No comments:

Post a Comment